Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Liebster Award Nominations!! :D

I am so thankful and surprised to be nominated! I only created this blog in November of 2013. I didn't really think anybody would look at it or care, but I have had over 2,000 views from over 10 countries!! I'm gonna kinda not follow the rules, because I was nominated 3 times within a few days of each other. I'm gonna answer all three sets of questions and then just tag at least 11 people!   Thank you so much for nominating me,  Charley from 'Note to Self' ( (http://thisischarley.blogspot.co.uk/)  has a beautiful blog.    Ria Goddard from 'That Looks Great"  (http://www.thatlooksgreat.blogspot.co.uk/). And Cristina from (Definitely) My Cup of Tea (http://definitelymycupoftea.blogspot.com.es/)  Helen from Sweet Helen Grace ( sweethelengrace.blogspot.com)  Thank you SO SO much ladies! I really appreciate it. Please go check them out, they are awesome.

There are a few simple rules that you need to follow:

1. Mention the person who nominated you with a link in their blog
2. Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers 
4. Create a new set of 11 questions for your nominees to answer 


Questions from Charley 
1. What are your ambitions for this year?
Well, blog wise I would like to hopefully get as many countries as possible to look at my blog! I get so excited when I see a new one on my stats! Every viewer means a lot to me <3 Ambitions for me personally.. I'd like to keep up my good GPA, which these hard classes this semester may make that tough. I also hope to get my license eventually (see below as to why a 21 y/o has no license).
2. Where do you see your blog in 5 years time?
I would love for my blog to become more widely looked at, but I also hope to become more skilled and creative with my pictures. I look like a serious amateur with my not so awesome dorm, hallway mirror pics! hahah I hope to have cool outside photo shoots and all of that professional looking blog stuff to be going on. I will also probably be taking on more lifestyle and cooking type blog posts because there is a good chance I'll be married and possibly having children by then :) 
3. Sweet or savory?
Oh that's hard...savory I guess. 
4. What would you change about your life if you could alter one thing?
I LOVE my life a lot, but one thing really gives me issues. I have horrible anxiety. That's why I don't drive. I'm completely irrational when it comes to safety related issues. I really wish it would go away. 
5. What made you start blogging?
I was posting a lot of OOTD pics on my instagram, and I figured people would get sick of looking at them. I decided to make a fashion and beauty blog so that I could share my passions with people who have similar passions. 
6. Favorite blogger?
I like a lot of different bloggers, I like looking at the Beauty Gurus on Youtube's blogs, like Casey Holmes and Evelina Barry.
7. What is your day job?
I am a full time student. I am a junior in College! :) 
8. What other hobbies do you have other than your blog?
I answer this below, but I have quite a few interests!! 
9. Favorite song?
That is actually impossible to answer. Music is basically my religion. Right now, I have been listening to Shout by The Isley Brothers on repeat. (I love early rock and classic rock the best)
10. Describe yourself in 5 words.
Awkward. Smart. Passionate. Loving. Unique.
11. Link your favorite blog post.
One of my favorites is more recent
http://fabulouswithheart.blogspot.com/2014/02/pretty-curly-hair-rebel-lips-and-outfit.html

Ria's Questions

1) Do you wear a watch? If so, what kind?
I don't usually wear one, but I do have a cute inexpensive one from Charming Charlie that I really like 
2) Do you honestly feel comfortable wearing red lipstick? 
I want to say 100% yes. I LOVE IT, but there have been comments made by family members and such that make me a little self conscious about wearing it. 
3) What one product for your hair do you love the most?
Lately I have been loving my Clear shampoo and conditioner. Big Sexy Hair products are also great! 
4) Do you pay any attention to "use by" dates on items in your fridge? 
Well most of the time yes! One thing I don't is coffee creamer. They say to use within ten days... I have it for months sometimes and it is fine. (non dairy creamer) 
5) What is better, summer or winter?
I have a love/hate relationship with both... I do love summer out of the two. Just because I like swimming and not feeling freezing all the time. It get SO hot though, and winter gets SO cold (thanks global climate change). I'm a fall and spring person mostly. 
6) Are you allergic to anything? 
Nope! Fresh pineapple bothers my tongue a little, but I still eat it :)
7) Which celebrity would you elope with tomorrow? 
Nobody, I only want my man <3 He's better than any one in the world for me.
8) Do you think you will still be blogging when you are 40? 
I hope so! Maybe I'll have multiple :) 
9) Do you prefer your hair up or down? 
Down for sure!  
10) How long does it take you to get ready after a shower? 
Well if I am in a hurry, a half hour or so. If I can take my time, hourssss! 
11) What is your all time favorite mascara? 
Buxom Lash Mascara. I love it! 

Cristina's Questions

1) What is your favorite lipstick? 
Definitely, Rebel by MAC. 
2) What is your biggest regret regarding a beauty product? 
Nothing in particular that I can think of, but I do feel a sense of guilt every time I buy something...shopping addiction problems :P
3) Do you like reading? If so, what was the last book you read? 
I love reading. I don't read fiction often though. The last book I completed was "Fire in the Ashes" by Jonathon Kozol. Which is about children living in poverty in the Bronx, NY since the 1970's. It was incredible!! I was reading a book called "Teenage" by Jon Savage while I was home. Which is looking at youth culture from the late 1800's to 1945 at the end of WWII. It sounds boring, but it is pretty interesting. 
4) What is your favorite song at the moment? 
At the moment... I have been loving the Arabic version of "White Rabbit" by Mayssa Karaa. "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane is one of my favorite songs, and I just love the Arabic version. Mayssa Karaa's voice is beautiful. The song is featured in the movie American Hustle and is on the soundtrack! 
5) Do you prefer earphones or headphones?
I like the earbuds that come with the Apple products! 
6) Do you wear the same bag often or do you have different bags for different occasions (and outfits)?
I usually use one purse until it basically dies haha. When I am at school, I use a backpack during the day, and my purse at night and on weekends.
I'll use a smaller bag for events like concerts if I can! 
7) What is your favorite drugstore brand? 
I guess Revlon! I do like products from a lot of the major drugstore brands though! 
8) If you could live somewhere else, where would you be?
There are a quite a few places that I'd move to. I doubt I ever will in these places, but I definitely want to visit: 
London, Dubrovnik, Paris, Southern California, North Carolina, and Seville. (My travel list is a lot longer). 
9) What hobbies do you have beside blogging? 
Oh boy, hobbies in something you physically do, then not really but I am a woman of many, many passions. I of course love beauty and fashion, music, learning, Sociology, Anthropology, History, Pop Culture, Animals, and Old Hollywood. (these categories can get very specific) 
10) What is your favorite food?
That's actually the hardest question ever. Pasta I would have to say! 
11) Are you looking forward to any event?
Summer, vacation, moving into my apartment next year. Lots of stuff! :) 

Helen's Questions:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
I just really love beauty and fashion, and I really like the idea of having a blog. It is an outlet of expression, as well as a way to be involved in a really cool community of people. 
2. If you could hop on a plane right now, where would you go?
Hmmm...There is a lot, but I woke up practically crying because I want to go to Disney World. So there. :) 
3. What is your favorite place to visit?

Disney World. Hahah I like a lot of other places, but I haven't been to too many countries. Some of my favorite places here are the National Historical Parks in my state, the Outer Banks in NC, and any cool little town with lots of little shops and restaurants. 
4. Tell me a fun fact about yourself.

I can name all 197 recognized countries in under 15 minutes. I learned them for fun :) 
5. What is the last book that you read and how did you like it?

Fire in the Ashes by Jonathon Kozol, it was amazing and eye opening.
6.  What is your favorite hobby?

Other than blogging I don't really have a physical hobby. I have a lot of interests though that I mentioned above! I love going on adventures to new and old places with my amazing boyfriend! 
7. What is your favorite food?
Crepes, Tiramisu, Pasta, Sauteed Spinach, Chicken Marsala; I could go on forever.
8. What is your favorite item in your wardrobe.

My faux leather jacket or my wine colored scarf haha
9. Describe your personal style.

Pretty casual for fashion standards, but I am definitely more put together looking than a lot of my peers (not trying to be mean, it is fine to be comfy everyday in college if that is what you want!) I like classic looks, and oh I don't know. I'm unique. haha
10. What is one of your goals for 2014?

To get my license 
11. Name one thing that you can't live without. 

My Boyfriend and Family. (they're a packaged deal as one) :P 

My nominations:  If you already were nominated, then feel free to still answer! I'd love to know! Questions below! :) 
1)Ariel- http://itsabout-style.blogspot.com/
 2) Briana- http://boundlessjabberblog.blogspot.com/
3) Bethany- polishedcouture.wordpress.com
4) Toristeppingout-shoeblog.blogspot.com
5) Money- seriallifestyle.blogspot.com
6) Karen- dazzlingnymph.tumblr.com
7) Georgia- georgiathinks.blogspot.co.uk
8) Annie- thesetatters.blogspot.co.uk
9) The Dotted Bow- dottedbow.blogspot.com
10) Elinor- little-grey-fox.blogspot.com
11) Nicola- lunaskyblog.blogspot.co.uk

Questions to answer:
1) What brand of hair tools do you use?
2) Do you have any cool talents or skills?
3) Breakfast or Dinner?
4) Name some cities in the world you would love to visit
5) What are your interests beside beauty and fashion?
6) Who are some of your idols or role models?
7) What is your favorite animal?
8) What is your favorite 20th Century era(20's,30's,40's,etc) (fashion, beauty, history, etc)?
9) Favorite color?
10) What is something interesting about the country that you live in?
11) Do you take naps?







12 comments:

  1. Thanks for nominating me! i will look forward to writing this post now x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! :) Can't wait to see your post! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the nomination! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nomination! look out for my blog post about this coming soon!
    Nicola
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! :) Can't wait to see it!! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Loved your answers Brittany! x
    http://definitelymycupoftea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, Thank you! You had great questions! :)
      Thanks again for the nomination <3 xoxo

      Delete
  5. Loved reading this and thanks so much for the nomination! :) xx
    thesetatters.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! :) You are so welcome, can't wait to read your post! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the Nomination! We are writing a blog post now!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thankyou, just posted my response! xo
    http://georgiathinks.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete